Short-Term Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing
- Short-term rehabilitation is designed for those striving to restore abilities due to stroke, cardiovascular difficulties, orthopedic surgery and other debilitating conditions. Our goal is to help participants return home safely following a hospitalization with the skills they need to continue life on their own terms. Our customized program is tailored to the individual. It includes physical, occupational and speech/language therapies and a full range of interdisciplinary support, including doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers and other service care providers. Within the first 72 hours after admission, patients and their loved ones meet with the interdisciplinary Care Team to map out their discharge goals.
- Returning home as quickly as possible is always the desire. However, returning home without the proper rehabilitation can greatly increase the chance of experiencing a setback resulting in rehospitalization. Prior to returning home, our team, in partnership with the patient and family, will conduct a comprehensive in-home safety evaluation to ensure patients can successfully navigate their home with confidence.
- No matter what your age or health level, our clinicians are skillfully trained and committed to your success. They take time to get to know and understand what motivates you. Based on proven methodologies, you can count on our clinical team to provide the latest treatments, with respect and compassion. Your health and happiness are always our priority.
- Physical Therapy focuses primarily on independent mobility, regaining strength and balance, using proper body mechanics and energy saving techniques to better perform mobility tasks.
- Occupational Therapy promotes independence with daily living activities like bathing, eating, dressing, self-care and home management tasks. Participants gain strength and coordination while learning to conserve their energy.
- Speech/Language Therapy increases functional communication, cognitive skills and teaches safe swallowing by introducing diet modifications and special feeding techniques. Therapy may include muscle retraining, compensatory strategies and use of communication devices.
- We monitor our senior rehabilitation outcomes and use the data to consistently improve our services.
- Upscale benefits in our short-term rehabilitation unit include private rooms, exclusive dining area and courtyard, electric beds, spacious living rooms, elegant family lounge area, cable TV, and phones.